April 21, 2010

can there be a tomorrow better than today


been staring at these photographs so long
i sometimes long for someone to look at me
the way my models look at the camera
i long for you to look at me that way
with love adoration and care
i have these pictures of you
looking at my camera
you are not looking at me
i long for someone to look at me like that
fill my soul with her love
express my love for you
i have been thinking of you in the early morning hours
when the darkness is so black
and i am drunk from all this beer
the comfort of strangers can only go so far love
from this bar stool where i write
i write pretty words, take pretty photographs, paint pretty acrylics
all for this one chance
to express something that moves you
i have been staring at these photographs for so long
i long for you to look at me this way

No comments:

Post a Comment