May 2, 2010

it is just you and me and all these strangers


we are sitting in this semi circle booth
my show is all around us
the fans are all around us
as the band keeps playing
a roucuous tune
all these people keep talking
talking to me and you
as we sit nestled in this corner
drinking in each other
for a second it is just you
and me here in the silence
of the noise of the club
you whisper that you love me
i steal a nibble on your neck
then a kiss
and all these strangers around us
pause and watch
a pair as unique as us
so obvious in love
its just you and me
and all these strangers
as the show continues to praise
the art you helped me create
the love we are here to celebrate
the show plays on as the band rocks
this is a love song for you
my beloved inked doll
with luscious skin of acrylic canvas
and eyes of milky pools
all the dolls want to be you
it is just you and me
and all these strangers
watching us flirt
watching us love
until its last call and the final
notes stumble out
just you and me
as we are off to express this song
of love in each other

No comments:

Post a Comment