December 16, 2010

you are the comfort strangers cannot provide


it was a little over a year ago
when the world of networking and
my viral marketing reached you
my number one fan
my best friend through out a year
where i can say in some way
i ended it worse than i started it
or in the same damn spot
there is no real difference
for the likes of me
as i need definitive forward progress

you are the comfort
strangers cannot provide
on this eve
before the day i celebrate
i see you smiling at me
in your schoolgirl way
all shy and sprite
you and i are about
more than just fucking
more than just words
smiles and giggling under sheets
till the wee hours of the morning
its the comfort
all the comfort you bring
that strangers cannot provide

i know you are the radder
i know you love me
i may not deserve it
though i appreciate
all the comfort you bring
you make me smile
i am sunshine tarnished
or so this year has proven
all those missteps
i can never take back
then there is you
smiling at me
under the sheets
your skin and my touch
our lips together
you are the comfort
strangers cannot provide
for that i am thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment