April 20, 2011

april 20th 2006 . MRC


i am 5 years post the most accomplished day of my artistic life and it really highlights a difference in my mental thinking that i can now talk about 3 books in print as opposed to the first. Manic Rose City was published by Sunshine Ink on this day in 2006. it was the culmination of 3 1/2 years of turbulent life that saw me begin to open the book on my creativity and ended in the birth of my daughter.

i have moved beyond that chaos and into the part of my life i dreamed would come, but i cannot help but remember the excitement that was a beginning step. i am proud of what i lived through and what i did that is reflected in my first book. it is a groundbreaking piece of work in my history as an artist. a bold start if you will, but it is not going to be what truly defines me. for that you should stay tuned or read the third book, because in it there is something truly profound and lasting that all can attest to dream about.

No comments:

Post a Comment